SentiSight labeling tool offers a variety of instruments to add object labels to an image, allowing you to precisely define which parts of an image contain what objects.
Shared featuresThe following features are applicable to most object types.
Bounding boxes and polygons can be converted to bitmap masks using Rasterize button. Additionally Rasterize All Objects button is present to turn all applicable objects into bitmaps.
Please note that rasterization clears all keypoints and attributes from the object.
Converting bitmap to polygon
Additionally, bitmaps can be converted to polygons using Convert to polygon button.
You can choose to convert a bitmap to very detailed polygon perfectly resembling it or use "Simplify polygons converted from bitmap" setting to create a much simpler polygon.
Smart selection tool
Smart selection tool is a powerful instrument that allows you to quickly create complex bitmap masks by detecting objects on background.
All it needs is a user to show it where foreground and background are, at which point it checks whether pixels belong to one or another.
Using smart selection tool
1. Select a rectangular area that the tool will work in.
2. Mark the foreground. For largely homogenous looking regions that contrast well with the background a few brief lines is enough. For regions with complex colors that may blend with the background it might be better
3. Mark the background. In general you don't have to be very precise.
4. Press Extract to have the tool mask the foreground. Examine it carefully to make sure it covers all parts of the image you want.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until you are content.
6. Once you are content with the result, press Done to produce a bitmap mask. You can touch it up with Bitmap tool if you need.
Please note that until you press Done the work done with smart selection tool cannot be saved and will be lost if you click on another tool, switch image, or close labeling tool.
You can see workflow of smart selection tool in the gif below.